20090518

Ripples of an Opinion from an Unlikely Person

Just recently, a friend of mine made his way in reading the prequel. (Note: The timing is PURELY COINCIDENTAL. This friend knows nothing about this blog. He made his way to the prequel because another friend reminded me of it). This friend is a kind of person who likes to joke around and, though personally I know some of his life stories, he rarely talks seriously. Being this kind of person, he is very well liked by people - well enough for me to trust him with my stories with this girl. So with him being a "relatively new" friend, I thought maybe it was time for him know this part of my life.

Reading intently, I knew he had something to say about what he was reading. He shown different facial expressions and reactions while he was reading it. But I was not worried about anything, except for one thing. Aside from the prequel, I shared bits and pieces of our stories. He knew just enough to make his own justifiable comments about us.

And he did.

Eventhough I did not tell him alot about what happened between us in our short encounter, he knew and felt positive about one thing - she liked me. And he also knew I liked her alot. That was the same thing my sister told me years before.

Of course, I wanted her to like me at the time we were together and the months after that, but I couldn't entertain the idea - generally, because I am a very pessimistic person in nature about the stuff of the heart. But had I not been entertaining the wrong things? Was I being stupid because I was blindfully afraid? Had I realized that I would be regretting later on if I didn't do such moves? Or did I know this will happen and still chose to freeze?

I did. I did regret it. Until now. And mind all of you, I rarely regret.

Going back to this friend of mine, I was talking about not worrying about him except for one thing. I can sense that he is a smart person, and I can sense in him that he feels that I still like the same girl. Ultimately, I still want this anonymity. I do not want anybody to know about this but her (soon!).

The ripples of what had come to pass is now becoming something big - big enough to wipe the smirk off my face. Looking back, I have been saying to myself "It shouldn't have happened this way," or "I should have been a bolder guy," and stuff like that. Man, it's hard. We should all remember - The biggest regrets will always come from the things WE DID NOT MANAGE TO DO for whatever reason.

So, for all of you, whatever happens, if you have the chance, go and kick their asses and get the girl!

No comments:

Post a Comment