20090701

My Untold Memories - Memories 5 to 6

Finally, I got back on my own feet (I think). So here goes the cavalry again...
-----------

5. Normally, when I cross the street with a friend (wherein my figure comes with more authority, depending on
who I am with), I'd step abit forward, have my arm being some kind of protection or something. It's kinda hard to explain, but this is just the introduction to this memory.

For the length of our time, we have crossed a number of streets. And already at one point, being the guy, I have this authority over her at some points - and one of them is crossing streets.

On few occassions, just before I could even "take the lead" in crossing the street, she would (not just hold) grabe my wrist. I would just freeze, and I swear I could have had myself get hit a car then. Well, it could have been really nice if I mustered just enough courage to hold her hand, at least for the short time we would cross a street.

I think it's actually must. There's one chapter that I can remember in All I Really Need to Know I Learned in Kindergarten by Robert Fulghum:

"When you go out in the world, watch out for traffic, hold hands and stick together"

[This can mean alot of things if you try extrapollating this, but we'll stick to the literal meaning, as how a kindergarten kid would understand it]

Yeah, she did her part in most of the occassions (at least by grabbing my wrist). And at one instance I almost lost my life (or one of my limbs) because she wasn't there to take my arm (because at that time, I would be meeting her for the first time in like ten hours later). It's not totally because I did not know how to cross the street, but because [of a reason I am not yet ready to tell this blog].

If I have read that earlier, I would have felt obliged to hold her hand every single time we would cross a street. And now, I'll take note of this.

By the way, she has soft and nice hands.


6. I have taught her how play this game. We were in a room with our families. She first watched us playing the game. Then, she was right there behind me watching me play. Of course, I had to explain every step I was taking. Later on, when [assumingly] she had absorbed the basics of the game, she was already sitting on my chair as I watched and guided her. I have pictures of this with her playing.

It's hard to imagine, I know. But this is a card game.

Days had passed, and we had days that we spent by ourselves (or we didn't have much choice). We played this game by just the two of us. At first, yes it was very easy to beat her. But she learned quickly, and started to beat me up (I think). We definitely enjoyed playing, and we would play for hours.

The games were fun. Until the last set of games.

I was in the other room alone, with my guitar. Trying to reminisce and contemplate the events that happened prior to that moment, I was feeling really low. I didn't know what I really wanted with her, but it seemed I really wanted some time alone.

She came in with a deck of cards. The last games. The most depressing ones.

Now, I don't know if she still can remember how to play that game.

No comments:

Post a Comment